Being played by over half a million children in the US, Soccer has become the second most popular youth sport. Nowadays, children start playing soccer at a very tender age. Soccer is not just about physical exercise but it also helps in developing self confidence among children. Some of the benefits of soccer are:
* It is a great way to stay fit as you as constantly on the move. You tend to run up and down the field and it helps in building stronger legs and improves agility and stamina.
* Concentration and focus is the key in soccer. You need to be aware of your surrounding when you are trying to defend the ball.
* It instils in children at a very early age the importance of teamwork. It is a place where you meet new people and socialise. Children tend to come out of their shell and bond with others.
* Children learn how to balance things in life as they deal with both school and soccer.
* The competitive spirit is kindled while playing soccer. They learn to savour their victories but also learn how to face defeat.
There are three level of soccer – recreational, travel and premier.
If you are looking for just a recreational activity and not willing to fully commit to soccer, then recreational soccer will be ideal. The child can play other sports as well and not fully concentrate on soccer. Here the competitive level is less. It is mostly where children of the same locality play together. It can also be the stepping stone for children who would want to improve their soccer skills. Toddlers usually fall under this category.
If your child loves the game and has good skills at it then there are various travel programs in Yonkers. Based on various age groups, children are selected to represent a team. Here teams play against other towns and communities. The commitment level is high and children need to dedicate more time on soccer.
Once your child excels in the travel program, he can get selected for playing premier league matches where teams are from different cities and states. This level of soccer is for children above 12 years. Players will be made to travel more as there will be a lot of out-of-town matches.
Most associations provide after school programs, weekly classes and also camps over summer and spring holidays. Cost of soccer classes varies from one institution to another. Usually travel and premier soccer is more expensive.
Youth League Soccer
In Yonkers, soccer is becoming increasingly popular among youth. Like any other city, youth league soccer takes place in Yonkers. Numerous associations compete in the youth soccer league. All soccer Yonkers Youth Association, Eastchester Youth Soccer Association, Dunwoodie Youth Association are a few associations in Yonkers who play for league matches. Every association forms its own team which plays for the Westchester Youth Soccer League.
* If your child has the skill and passion for the game then register in with any of the soccer association’s travel program. League soccer matches sometimes require players to travel. So make sure you are comfortable with travelling to other towns and cities before registering your child.
* The registration is simple and once registered, players are chosen based on tryouts. If they get selected, they have regular practise sessions. The association helps in improving your child’s skills. They are usually conducted on Saturdays and Sundays.
* Teams are divided based on age groups for both girls and boys. The competition begins at the under-8 level.
By filterssofly from Pixabay