Whey is a liquid material procured from manufacturing of cheese. It is a mixture of beta-lactoglobulin, immunoglobins, bovine serum albumin and alpha-lactalbumin. Whey protein can be of three primary types: whey protein concentrate (WPC), whey protein isolate (WPI) and hydrolyzed whey protein (HWP). It has come a long way from being a by-product to becoming one of the highly sophisticated industries functioning in food/food derivatives segment today.
Indonesia is a niche market for Whey protein. Undefined regulatory guidelines and lack of awareness among the consumers restricted the market growth in the country. Though a small segment of population showed interest towards functional foods and infant formula, owing to increased disposable incomes, as a whole, the majority middle class population stayed away from the supplemented diets due to their higher price tags. Indonesia constituted XX% of the Whey protein market within Asia Pacific region. However, higher consumptions of Whey protein was witnessed in the region from younger populations involved in physique and fitness activity, in turn driving the market towards growth.
Fonterra, Glanbia Nutritionals, Hershey Foods, Namyang Dairy, Unilever are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer’s demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
In this report we offer,
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Indonesia Whey Protein Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and a regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Indonesia Whey Protein market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
By OpenClipart-Vectors from Pixabay