Maintaining confidentiality and security in legal transcription is of utmost importance when it comes to transcribing sensitive legal files. Presently, reputable legal transcription companies offer confidential, accurate and timely legal transcription services that have earned them loyal clients. Read on to know how a legal transcription company keeps up its confidentiality standards.
Meant for law firms, legal professionals, courts and legal companies all around the world, legal transcription involves transcribing legal letters, briefs, reports, wire tap, deposition statements, memorandums, public hearings, court proceedings, client letters, minutes of seminars and conferences, judgments, regular recordings, interrogations, law office recordings, memorandums, general correspondence and more.
Security of data is a serious issue as the legal files are transferred over the Internet. So, in order to avoid security problems, proper care is given to all aspects of the secure transmission of legal files. As a security measure, majority of the transcription firms follow File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and utilize 128-bit /256-bit encryption technology that facilitates confidential and secure legal transcription outsourcing. With this technology, clients can ensure that their information, no matter whether it is in storage mode or in transmission mode, data cannot be accessed without proper authorization, nor altered or decrypted.
How Confidentiality and Security Are Maintained in Legal Transcription
* All computers are equipped with – file encryption software; firewall protection is set up to prevent unauthorized Internet interception; secure, password protected email and FTP sites; virus definition updates and Windows updates are made daily.
* 24X7 security services to prevent theft and/or vandalism of any information stored on the computer systems.
* All the external drivers including floppy drivers on each computer are disabled to ensure security and confidentiality
* Office personnel are not allowed to bring in floppies, or any electronic devices including laptops, PDA.
* Each and every staff member will be checked before entering and leaving the office premises.
* Random checking is set up on a regular basis.
* Monthly back-ups of computer systems are done and stored in lockers, which are password protected.
* All employees are made to sign a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement.
* Administrative procedures are followed to guard data integrity, patient confidentiality, and document availability. (Information Access Control and Access Authorization).
* Technical evaluations are performed on a routine basis to make sure all systems meet or exceed specified security requirements.
* Training is given to workforce on privacy, security, and confidentiality.
By maintaining security and confidentiality standards in legal transcription, a legal transcription company not only protects itself from legal hassles but also ensures that clients are satisfied with their legal transcription service standards.
By geralt from Pixabay