How do you start a successful website.
Here is the information you need to get started on making your own professional or hobby website.
1. You need a Domain Name: Gotta have a domain name like…whatismywebsiteabout.com
If you know about real estate in New York City…Maybe “newyork-city-realestate.com.”
It’s easy and only cost about 10 bucks. There are literally hundreds of places to register your domain name.
Just type in your favorite search engine without the quotes “Domain Name Registering”. Remember use the .com extension not .tv or .org. Most people will remember mywebsite.com not mywebsite.org!
2. Web hosting: Or as most folks call it a place to park your website. Kind of like a street vendor where you can showcase your products, services, and or both but only on the internet. Hosting your website is really cheap. Some hosting companies charge less than 4 bucks per month. So this means you can have a website started for about 15.00 USD dollars. Jeez…where else can you start a business for 15.00 bucks? Oh by the way stay away from free web hosting companies.
3. Traffic: Yes just like the street vendor who needs lots of traffic so people can see what they have to offer. If you want a successful website you need traffic…and the best kind of traffic is free. Believe me free
traffic is the best. You can get this kind of traffic from the Search Engines. There is no charge to submit your website to the S.E.’s. Do not use websites that will submit your website to thousands or even millions
of places. They do not work…how do I know? Been There done that! It does not work man.
4. Learn HTML: Again there are thousands of website that will help you accomplish this. There are HTML tutorials, online lessons, downloadable ebooks, books at amazon.com and a plethora of website to help you with this crazy machine language. If you want to be in charge of your website and or blog you need at least a good working knowledge of HTML. If you need to learn HTML just google “HTML tutorials” and you will get tons of free tutorial to help you learn HTML.
6. Write articles: Yes write articles about what you know and submit them to article directories. Make sure to provide a link in your author bio resource section back to your website. This a great way to get good targeted traffic and one-way links back to your website.
The Internet marketing world needs people that develop websites with “Good Original Content”. What exactly is good original content. Well “good original content” is exactly what those words mean don’t try to over analyize it. If you are starting a website or blog you need to remember those words. Why? Because this is where the future of the Internet is going.