Proposing to your girlfriend is, if you’re really lucky something that you’ll get to do only once! So it’s important you don’t mess up!
The following tips will tell you how to propose to your girlfriend and hopefully survive to tell the tale!
1. Make it personal! There’s no excuse for carbon copying an idea from somewhere else, especially since the two of you should have many shared experiences! So you know exactly what she likes!
2. You shouldn’t be surprised by her answer! If you’re not completely or at least 99% sure that she’ll say yes, then you’ve probably not been going out long enough!
3. Make sure it’s a surprise for her! Don’t make it an anti-climax, this is her big moment after all!
4. Only make it a public proposal if you’re extra certain that the answer will be “yes” otherwise you risk turning it into the most humiliating experience of your life!
5. Guard the ring! Never risk burying it in sand or giving it to the waiter to serve for desert as some sort of elaborate proposal!
6. Go down on one knee! Yes it’s corny, old and a cliche, but it’s how she always imagined her proposal would be! So don’t disappoint her!
7. Practice! You’ll feel stupid doing it, but make sure you do and I mean in front of the mirror and your Dog! Otherwise, she’ll be telling all her mates how you bumbled the most important words in both your lives!
8. Go for a romantic setting over big and lavish! It’s all about the little things; the music, candles, flowers, lighting and food!
9. If you’re after a quick wedding, then propose in the winter time, in the snow and aim to get married in the spring! Otherwise, propose in the spring time and you have a whole year before you’re realistically expected to get married!
10. Enjoy the experience! Make sure you’ve planned for every possible eventuality and everything will be fine! Good luck!
By geralt from Pixabay