Homeowners who are facing a cleaning crisis are desperately in need of any help or assistance that they can get. This is because many homeowners are very busy with their jobs and other personal activities. Promises of efficient service by many emergency cleaning service providers can be very enticing to a homeowner who has a lot of cleaning tasks waiting at home. Thus, it is very easy for homeowners to fall prey to the many fraudulent acts and gimmicks perpetrated by shrewd emergency cleaning scammers.
To avoid being victimized by con artists or real cleaners who perform unsatisfactory jobs, homeowners must remain vigilant and must watch out for the empty promises and unproven claims of some providers.
The following tips must be kept in mind when hiring an emergency cleaning service company:
1. Find out if they are legal and are authorized to operate in your locality. This means that you have to check if they have a business license that is valid and effective in your place. If they do, this means that they have met the minimum standard for operation of such business and that they are at the very least qualified and capable to perform their cleaning job.
2. Check your insurance policy and see if you have sufficient coverage in case anything accidents happen during the performance of the cleaning service. Your insurance should be enough to cover big structural damages as well as the small ones. Any bodily injury during the occasion must also be covered by the insurance policy.
3. Check the insurance policy of the cleaning company as this is another form of guarantee that they will be careful and meticulous in the performance of their services. It will also lighten any financial responsibility that may be put on your shoulders if any structural damage or personal injury occurs in your home in the course of the cleaning.
4. Request from the emergency cleaning service company a list of the complete names of their employees who will be entering your home and performing the service. This will allow you to do a background check on the profiles of such individuals. It is important that the people you let into your home have no relevant criminal records as this may prove to be unsafe for your family. It will also put your belongings at risk of being stolen especially if you will be out when they do the cleaning.
5. Carefully read any contract or agreement that you sign with the cleaning company so that you know what responsibilities they can be made accountable for. You should also ask for the total cost of the job so that you will not be charged with any surprise expenses in the course of the service.
By 3dman_eu from Pixabay