Angel investors in entertainment are relatively easier to find than angel investors in other fields. This is probably because the need for angel investors in entertainment is greater than the need for angel investors in any other field. The entertainment industry offers great returns but the initial investment required is great too.
Ins and Outs of Entertainment
So how should one go about setting up their entertainment business? Well, this depends, to a large extent on the type of entertainment venture you are embarking on. There are many types or branches of the entertainment business. You have:
* Production companies
* Record labels
* Movies and independent films
* Broadway and theatre.
* Dancing troupes
And many, many more. Entrepreneurs should make sure that they are well prepared before they speak to an angel investor about their business. Funding is very, very necessary for the entertainment business because it is generally not possible for one individual or even a group of individuals to provide the large sums of capital that are required for this business.
So how do you go about starting your own business? Here are some tips, for various branches of entertainment:
* If you are looking to start an independent film venture – this is gaining in popularity by leaps and bounds today- then you must have prior experience as a film maker. No one will back a complete greenhorn.
* Broadway shows are highly profitable, but financing them is a huge challenge so one MUST have a good network of angel investors in entertainment.
* The hurdles in setting up your own independent record label are quite a few in number and depends on the genre of music you are producing, there are different levels of recording with marketing costs thrown in as well.
Some Helpful Hints
So why will an angel investor invest in your business? Or, more importantly, what are the characteristics of an angel investor?
* They generally invest in a business, which is at a distance of around a 150 mile radius from their place of operations so that their contacts and advice will be of great help to the entrepreneur.
* They invest on a per deal basis and have a specific investment range per deal.
* Sometimes, an entrepreneur might need more money than a single angel investor is able to provide. In such an event, entrepreneurs can seek investments from forums of angel investors in entertainment.
* Angel investors general prefer to invest in seed stage entertainment businesses.
So what are you waiting for? Start looking for your angel investor today. The beauty of the system is that you just have to give them equity shares in your company in exchange for liquid cash to start up or expand your entertainment business. You will soon have a profitable business venture in your hands if you know how to approach angel investors in entertainment through the right channels and have done a good deal of networking.
By Myriams-Fotos from Pixabay