Water is one of the greatest gifts that God has bestowed the human race with. Every human being has the right to get clean and safe water for drinking and other household uses. Since decades, different types of water filtration systems have been used in order to convert sea or river water into safe drinking and usable water. The filtration systems that were first designed were the basic paper filters then the distillation, ion exchange, reverse osmosis, single media filtration systems and now it’s the multimedia filtration systems. These are the most advanced and recent discoveries in the field of water purification and filtration systems.
What are multimedia filtration systems?
Multimedia filter is required when there are a large number of suspended particles especially solids in free flowing water. Particles such as clay, algae, silt, smaller microorganisms, organic matter, etc. are easily removed using multimedia filtration systems.
A multimedia filter is a three layer system with a choice of media. The system layers might differ with change in size of the particle. The bigger is removed at the top and the smaller ones are then accordingly removed leaving behind ultra-pure water.
When and where are the multimedia filtration systems used?
Multimedia filtration systems are used when bulk amount of water needs to be purified. Some common areas where multimedia filtration systems are used are:
* Municipal water treatment units – Municipal water treatment plants are huge units where water from a big water source is filtered and distributed to different areas. Gallons of impure water are treated at these units.
* Environmental remediation applications – Various environmental remediation processes are carried out by the government. Under these, water bodies are cleaned and water is purified.
* Industrial process water management – At huge industrial sites, where water is needed in bulk, the multimedia water filtration systems are readily used.
Why are multimedia filtration systems better than the others?
There are a number of filters available in the market based on varied technologies. In these times of bitter competition, multimedia filtration systems have carved a niche for them. The multimedia filters are developed by technologically updated engineers. They are designed to provide excellence. These multimedia systems are considered highly efficient and a reliable option over the single-media filters. The reasons behind choosing them over the other are:
* The filter bed action is new and highly innovative
* These filters are designed to produce 100% pure and high quality filtered water
* The water is filtered at faster flow rates
* They are easy to maintain and check
* They are highly cost-effective systems
* Cost of maintenance is lower than the contemporary others
* Easy to install and place at the site
* These reduces manpower at the filtration site
The multimedia water filtration systems are available at reasonable rates and manufactured by various renowned brands. If you are a buyer then you must inquire about these systems first and then finalize your system. Choose a proper filtration system as per your needs and budget for your application.
By Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay