The Importance of a Good Website for a New Business
It’s no secret that almost all businesses need a web presence to compete in today’s digital age. This is especially true for new businesses, since having a good website is one of the most important business tools in helping them achieve their goals. Building a solid and positive web presence is key to their survival.
In the consumer’s eyes a website is a reflection of the business itself. If your website looks cheap and is difficult to use, consumers will assume that your products or services share these characteristics. A high quality, clean website is vital if you want customers to have a positive perception of your business.
Website design that is visually appealing will increase customer engagement. An increase in engagement will encourage customers to spend more time on your site leading them to view and process more information about your business.
If you are running an online business, having a poor quality website will almost certainly result in failure. Your website is the face of your business and a good website is critical. It doesn’t matter how much money you invest in perfecting your product or driving traffic to your site – if you website isn’t up to scratch there is little likelihood that customers are sticking around long enough to see what you have to offer.
Online businesses also need to keep in mind the quality and functionality of the e-commerce/shopping carts. If your website makes it difficult to purchase items due to poor design and maintenance you will be losing sales and money! The process of purchasing from your website should be as simple as possible.
Quality websites are also of great importance to brick-and-mortar storeowners in helping customers a) find their business and b) make the decision to visit the actual store. When looking for a particular product or service, the first thing most consumers do is carry out a search online. This allows customers to view and compare a large quantity of businesses without leaving their home. If your website is below par compared to your competition – chances are you’re missing losing customers before they’ve even taken the time to visit your store.
When convincing a customer to take the time to visit your store, quality web design is not enough. The content must be informative and engaging. Where possible you should provide as much information about your products, services, locations, opening hours and contact details as possible. If a customer has all this information readily available without having to carry out further searches that will be in a better position to make an informed decision about whether or not your business will be able to satisfy their needs.
At a minimum, both online businesses and brick-and-mortar stores should have a website that is clean, functional and informative to increase their chances of success.
In this down economy, a new website may be the last thing on your mind. You may think that your current website will be good enough until things turn around. You are not alone in this strategy, but lets look at some of the problems with this idea.
1. An updated, professional looking site will convey a level of success and show that your business is still doing well, whereas an old, stagnant site will make people think you are either out of business or not a successful enough business to effectively market yourself in the twenty first century.
2. Optimizing the site during a redesign is often one of the reasons for the update and is extremely helpful in getting your site back up to where it should be on Search Engines such as Google and Yahoo.
3. Allows you to re-focus your website to better suite your clients. During the redesign process we analyze what was lacking in the older version and make sure to make your site as profitable as possible using analytic and user tracking.
4. Your competitors are either stagnant or they’re scrambling to update themselves. Now is the perfect opportunity to fly past them and absorb they’re market share with a fresh new look.
5. Gives you an entirely new online presence for which to market in social networks, media campaigns and print advertisements. Something you’re not only proud of but excited to introduce.
6. Now may be the perfect opportunity to take control of your newly designed site by adding such tools as a full site CMS (Content Management System) allowing you to easily manage your online content and keep it fresh and new.
Shanvia Web Technologies a software and web development company in Kolkata with an experience’s in offline and online software development, web designing and web development. We have been provided the best of services to our clients across the globe owing to our years of experience in software and web. We have consistently maintained a high standard of delivery for our cost-effective solutions.
We ensure the quality of development by having in place a standard format of documentation for every project that we undertake. The various stages of development, integration and testing are laid out before the project starts. This in turn ensures timely delivery of the project and 100% client satisfaction.
Our service areas for web designing , Web Development, Ecommerce Solutions, Real-State application, Software Solutions, Search Engine Optimization(SEO), Corporate profiles and Multimedia and Flash Presentation, Logo and Brochure Designing, Web Maintenance, Web Hosting Solutions, Mobile Web application development and Flash Development include India, USA and Others Nation States.
Shanvia Web Technologies is a professional web design and development company providing web solutions for companies or individuals interested in outsourcing their web design and web application development needs. Operating since 2009, we are lead the way in representation dynamic, smart and professional web based solutions for small to large enterprises as well as other web design companies.
By AdinaVoicu from Pixabay