When you set up and publish an online business directory, you cannot just let it sit there and hope businesses will post their listings. It is vital that one promotes their directory to reach businesses that are looking to add their business name and link in an effort to improve their search engine ranking and reach their targeted customer. Fortunately, there are a number of tools one can use to promote their online business directory.
Below is a list of tips on how to promote an online business directory:
1. Social Networking: Millions of people are now using social networking sites to communicate. With the increase in popularity of social networking, one has the ability to reach many people and businesses. Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook, are among the most popular social networking sites. You can use these sites to discuss and promote the benefits of listing their business to your online business directory. You can add the link to your directory so that people can go directly there and post their business information and link. You can also post messages on the appropriate blogs, chat rooms, and message boards, where you can list you directory link and highlight the benefits of posting one’s business link to your directory.
2. Promotional Email Campaigns: You can use your email contact list or gather the emails of appropriate businesses that would likely list on you directory, and then send out a promotional email highlighting the benefits of posting their link on your directory.
3. Free Press Releases: Sending out a press release is an effective way of attracting businesses. There are a number of free online press release services one can use. It is important to make sure that you add your directory URL in your press release and your contact information. You can also narrow your press release distribution to specific categories so you will be targeting those who may be interested in listing their business in you directory.
4. Write Business Articles and Post them to Article Directories: There are a number of popular article sites that allows one to post articles. You can create a profile that includes you business directory. The articles you write can be about relevant business topics such as promotion, advertising, attracting customers…etc. These article sites are normally free.
5. Post Your Business Directory to Online Classifieds: There many online classifieds available to promote a business directory. As well, many of them are free. It is important that you post in the correct category so that you are attracting the appropriate businesses. You can also post your directory on large search engine directories such as Google and Yahoo.
Online business directories are a great way to improve search engine ranking and generate additional income. These directories also allow you to incorporate advertising applications that can give you extra income such as Google AdSense. As with any other business, you have to promote to acquire customers. By implementing an effective marketing strategy, it will not be long before you develop a popular online business directory and start generating income.
By geralt from Pixabay