Your business has a lot of expenses–employees, rent and utilities, and office equipment and supplies, to name a few. With so many expenses and the mercurial nature of today’s economy, you’re always looking for ways to cut costs without sacrificing quality. One often overlooked expense that represents a money-saving opportunity is your cash register paper rolls. There are several things you can do to save money on these while still getting a quality product.
Here are some tips to get you started.
1. Order in bulk–Even if you run a small business with just one or two cash registers, you should consider ordering your cash register paper rolls in bulk quantities. After all, you plan on having your business around for a while, right? So, you might as well order your receipt paper in bulk so you can enjoy significant discounts. Many paper companies consider a bulk order anything 25 cases or over. Of course, not all receipt paper companies offer these bulk discounts, so always check with the provider before you place a large order.
2. Compare prices online–The greatest thing about the internet is how easy it makes it to compare prices from one company to another. Of course, you don’t want to choose a paper provider based solely on price. Remember, cash register paper rolls come in a wide range of quality levels. You also need to consider shipping costs. The key here is to check the prices are a few different companies to make sure you’re getting a quality product at a fair price.
3. Sign up for sales alerts–Like other businesses, receipt paper companies typically run seasonal sales from time to time. The best way to keep up with these sales is to sign up for the company’s email list. By becoming a subscriber, you’ll receive alerts as soon as new sales promotions are launched. Furthermore, some companies run exclusive sales for their email subscribers giving you even bigger savings.
4. Cut out the middleman–Did you know some receipt paper companies don’t actually have paper in stock? That’s right: some companies actually order their cash register paper rolls from suppliers once you place your order. This leads to higher retail prices for you, and it means it takes longer to receive your order as the paper company has to first order it from their supplier. Cut out the middleman to save big money.
5. Take advantage of referral offers–You probably didn’t know this, but some companies offer special discounts to customers who refer new customers to them. If you have connections with other businesses that use cash register paper rolls, refer them to your supplier so you can get cash rewards and big savings off your next order. Check with your paper company to see if they have a referral program in place.
By following the tips in this list, you’ll be well on your way to reducing your expenses on cash register paper rolls. A little savings can go a long way to increasing your bottom line.
By MediaAds from Pixabay