Women Hockey has been on the upswing since the year’87. With ball hockey gaining momentum and popularity in Canada, it is logical that women have been taking an active part in ball hockey leagues across local and national areas. If you follow the sport closely, you will understand that ball hockey leagues have been specially created to cater to women-only target audience.
Looking back at the sport that has always been an identity for Canada, ball hockey has provided the much needed impetus to developing, maintaining and furthering the special ball hockey leagues that have been designed to eye to the girls and women. The striking part of these leagues is that you will find them across all major local areas. So, if you are in Toronto and want to play in a girls only league in Toronto, you will find so many options therein to play that you may actually be amazed at the deep penetration of the sport across Canada.
Now, we all know that Men’s Hockey Leagues and Co-Ed Hockey Leagues are quite common across the country. Why or what makes the girls hockey league popular and sought after. I believe there are multiple reasons for such a trend. Some of these reasons are generic and self-explanatory while we try to discuss a few factors that have contributed to the growth of women ball hockey leagues.
1. Ball Hockey affords an opportunity to fitness-freak women to break ranks with gym and try something that is more interesting, active and adventurous. We all know that ball hockey can be a gruelling sport and if you are given an opportunity to challenge your physical and mental skills, most women will take it. And this is the precise reason that women tend to enjoy their fitness regime while playing the ball hockey sport.
2. A girls hockey league provides ample opportunity to women to play their hockey well and in a much more friendly way than a coed hockey league. They do not have to bother about any of their male partners’ grins and glances anymore as they are playing in a league that affords all women a level playing field.
3. You have barely any entry barriers in ball hockey. There are no fancy restrictions, and no expensive equipment to buy. If you are fit and have a hockey, then a women hockey league is ready to welcome you and your friends. Oh yes, and you may be required to be over’ to play as a team player.
4. Ball Hockey can be considered one of the finest team building examples because it allows players to appreciate each other’s skills and compliment them to achieve a unified goal. Think of the enhanced mutual admiration, learning and respect that the team players stand to gain by playing as a team player.
5. And do not forget that ball hockey is a tough and gruelling game that pushes your physical and mental limits, & in the process it will bring out the best in terms of competition and skills. A women hockey league brings out the best skills of girls and allows them to contribute in a competitive arena that demands firepower and agility. What this means is that girls can engage in the sport and stand to gain.
The most enthralling and best part of hockey is that you can end your tired day by appreciating yourself and your team members in the way you played by settling down and recollecting the good things associated with the sport.
By 3dman_eu from Pixabay