Dubai is a city that attracts a lot of visitors from around the world. It provides endless opportunities for shopping, attractions and yearly events. Many people from around the world flock to this vigorous city. If you are planning to travel to this city you will need to apply for a Dubai visa. Here, we give you the rules to apply for a tourist visa especially for Dubai tourist visa for Indians.
* If you are from any of the GCC countries, you need not apply for a Dubai tourist visa. GCC nationals will need to produce the GCC country passport upon arrival the point of entry and can stay more or less as long they like without much restrictions. Citizens who are not of the GCC national but who have a high professional status such as company managers, business people, auditors, accountants, doctors, engineers, pharmacists, or employees working in the public sector, their families, drivers and personal staff sponsored by them, are eligible for a non-renewable 30-day visa upon arrival at the approved ports of entry in Dubai.
* Documents for the Dubai tourist visa for Indians include:
o the application form
o Passport and the colored copy of the pages containing your picture and bio data. Your passport should be valid for 6 months.
o Confirmed return tickets.
o cover letter from family or friends
o Travel insurance
* There is a maximum of a 30 day stay and this Dubai tourist visa is nonrenewable. Care should be taken that the citizen should not overstay the applied tourist visa duration. The entry day and the exit day are calculated to the exact minute till midnight. Thus, if you enter or exit the country in the minute, before or after midnight, it is individually counted as a single day. If the traveler has outstayed his duration he will be asked to pay a fine. In selected cases, there is a period of 10 days given as a grace period. Normally a price of AED 100 will be charged initially, and then consecutively, AED 200 will be charged for each additional day.
* The fee of this visa is 210 Dirham. The Dubai tourist visa can be sponsored by friends, family, local airline or hotel and travel agencies. You can always check the possible sponsor services on the official website of these agencies. A 1000 Dirham deposit is required from the sponsor which is refundable upon the departure of the applicant.
* The normal tourist visa applications take 1-2 weeks for normal processing once all the correct forms have been submitted. However, in the case of an emergency or any urgent need for the visa the process will take around 2- 3 days for the application.
By fsHH from Pixabay