“The immigration departments of most companies around the world today require that foreign visitors apply for a visa in order to enter the country for any purpose. Of course, there are exceptions where countries have special arrangements with certain other countries to allow their citizens to travel domestically without a visa. However, usually such arrangements are valid for short stays only: longer visits require visas. Japan is no exception
A Japanese transit visas is different as compared to getting a tourist tour or business visa for the country of Japan. If you are travelling up from one country to another, you can stop in Japan for a short while to sightsee, shop or have a short holiday at your leisure. If you do want to take up such a stay in the land of the rising sun and enjoy it, you need a transit visa Japan.
The following documents must be submitted for the transit visa requirement for Japan:
* A valid Passport (with more than two blank pages). Please submit your old passports also, if any.
* A completely filled and signed Visa Application Form.
* One photograph taken within the last 6 months.
* Confirmed Travel Booking (Travel itinerary and Hotel Booking) A record of the reservation with flight itinerary printed on official stationary of the airline company or a reliable travel agency, showing travel to/from Japan, including passenger’s names, dates, flight numbers and all departure/destination cities. Some documents provided by the authority to explain your flight schedule in and out of Japan if you fly with a military air craft. For those with non-revenue ticket holders: A copy of the employee ID of the airline employee who obtained the flight coupon is required.
* Copy of visa to the main destination country
* Original bank statement of last six months. In case of bank passbooks, kindly submit the original passbook.
* Latest Income Tax Return With such a simple process to gain a transit visa to Japan,
It is crucial to your transit visa requirement for Japan that you stick to your itinerary of your journey plan. You cannot have extended stay in Japan beyond the pre-determined number of days, else you will be forcibly deported or fined. After your transit visa has been approved you can neither get your visa status changed nor extend your stay.
There are a few exceptional cases where certain nationals of countries with a Visa Exemption Agreements with Japan are not required to have a Transit Visa, like Taiwan , Republic of Korea, Malaysia and Thailand. However, Indian nationality citizens, need to apply for Japan transit visa for Indians. Activities are limited to sightseeing, leisure, and rest. No business activity is allowed on the transit visa Japan. You can make the most of this quick break on the way to enjoy the wonderful view of the land of rising sun. ”
By shell_ghostcage from Pixabay