The banking activities of the entire world have been brought under Net banking, which means doing one’s banking transactions online through Internet. Besides avoiding enormous paperwork in banking activities, this process saves lot of time, lot of movement and lot of unnecessary procedures that were required earlier for operating bank accounts by an individual or a corporate. Now, through Net banking, with one time activity of subscribing basic details, documents of proofs and authorisations, one can operate the bank accounts online with the use of a User ID, Password and Transaction Password. For additional security, one time password for certain transactions likes Fund Transfers.
Net banking is a great time saver. The account holder is identified by a User ID and right from viewing the balances, all the banking transactions can be done by sitting in one’s drawing room with a laptop or mobile phone in hand, which is having internet connectivity. For instance, for IDBI bank net banking, the customer enters their web portal at https://inet.IDBIbank.co.in/ and then logs in using one’s customer ID and Password, which are already registered. The next Webpage which pops up gives all the options for the account holder, which includes:
* Viewing the account balances
* Opening fixed deposits
* Transferring funds
* Obtaining accounts statements
* Other activities connected with management of accounts, including those connected with Demat accounts, issue of cheque books or stoppage of payments.
However, in case of transactions involving fund transfers from one’s account, supplying of Transaction Password is necessary and for additional security, the IDBI bank net banking has introduced a onetime password submission sent to the registered mobile phone of the customer.
Procedure of Net Banking registration
For making use of IDBI bank net banking facility, one should open an account with the bank, most of the formalities for which can be completed online. All that the customer has to do then is to download the Channel registration form from their website, complete the details and submit the same to the nearest IDBI branch. The application will be processed and the customer will have the hassle free facility of generating one’s internet banking password online.
Safety aspects of Netbanking
IDBI bank net banking web page cautions customers against phishing attempts that are possible in net banking activity in their web page, and further advises their customers for
* Registering the customer’s mobile number for getting mobile alerts giving information of every transaction that goes on in one’s account.
* advising them against doing net transactions from public places like cyber cafes
* Using the virtual key board that is available with the web page, in preference to the key board of the computer from which one does the transactions.
* Never to respond to any emails inquiring details of the account, since IDBI bank net banking never sends emails asking for information.
With all these, IDBI bank net banking enjoys the highest nature of security and privacy protection, providing a secure environment using 128 bit encryption Secure Sockets Layer, digitally certified by VeriSign ensuring world class internet security.
By stefan_bernsmann from Pixabay