Looking for new motorcycle boots? If you’re like most bikers, when shopping for motorcycle boots they look at style and price. These are important, but you also need to consider a few other feature motorcycle boots offer before deciding. Be sure to consider comfort, fit and protection as well as what benefits specific styles are designed for. As with any authentic motorcycle apparel, motorcycle boots are designed not just for fashion, but also for protection. There are newer styles of motorcycle boots that offer more fashion for the ladies, and other traditional styles of motorcycle boots that have the classic biker look. Most importantly know what you’re looking for, why you’re looking for it, and just be aware of the different features select styles of motorcycle boots poses.
1) What style boot is right for me? The first decision you’ll need to make is what type of boots are you looking for. A cruiser and touring style leather motorcycle boot, or a more extreme sportbike (or dual-sport) hard shell motorcycle boot. Cruiser and touring boots should be made from thick full grain leather that will offer true protection. The leather motorcycle boots should be high enough to cover your ankles for that extra protection, and for even more protection many motorcycle leather boot styles are tall boots which also cover your shins and calves. Cruiser style motorcycle boots will be more comfortable than hard shell sportbike or motorcycle racing boots, but do offer a little less protection. Cruiser motorcycle boot styles offer much more comfort and are nice to walk around downtown or at a motorcycle rally events in comfort. Sportbike hard shell motorcycle boots are just that-hard, but the boots do offer superior protection for your feet, ankles, and shins. Hardshell shell motorcycle boots are not designed for long touring rides or for walking around a lot in them. Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company offers multiple styles of cruiser motorcycle boots and touring leather motorcycle boots. Milwaukee Leather motorcycle boots offer 1.2 – 1.4 mm thick full grain authentic cowhide leather. Freedom Flex(R) construction is enables the boots to feel broken in from day one, include a removable & washable insole, have oil and acid resistant, non-marking soles.
2) Another consideration is lace up boots or slip on motorcycle boots. This can make a difference in the look of the boot as well as the fit. Mostly, lace up motorcycle boots allow more adjustments for a fit that’s more snug. Yet there are considerations to laces with respect to the foot pegs so you will want to take extra precaution to ensure they don’t get caught. After your boots are tied securely, you can tuck the loops inside the boots on styles which allow you to do so. This will prevent any loose laces on your boots from snagging a peg. Disadvantage of laces is they could come untied. Slip on motorcycle leather boots have no laces at all. You may need to size slip on motorcycle boots a little more carefully to ensure a good fit. The better the fit, the more likely you are to keep them on in an accident. Many of these motorcycle boot styles offer zippers for more ease in getting the footwear on and off quickly. Look for insoles, snaps, buckles and other features that will benefit the function of your motorcycle boots and also features that allow you to customize the fit. Milwaukee Leather motorcycle boots offer lace up as well as slip on motorcycle boot styles for men and women.
3) Don’t let slippery when wet trouble you. You want your motorcycle boots soles to be oil resistant, period. If you have ever put your feet down off your bike on an incline right after a rain shower and your boots slide you realize quickly that you need boots with oil resistant soles. Motorcycle boots with oil resistant soles give you the grip you need. They hold up well over time so you should get plenty of life out of the motorcycle boots. Sewn on soles and welt construction hold up better than glued soles on boots. Remember that thick soles help dampen vibrations from your motorcycle. Milwaukee leather boots offer oil resistant, and acid resistant soles with great traction patterns on the bottom. The sole of Milwaukee motorcycle boots are 1/2 inch thick with a heel height of 1 1/2 inches. The Milwaukee Leather motorcycle boot sole provides the vibration dampening and comfort you need while providing a very maneuverable heel height for gear shifting and braking.
4) Removable insoles are a very nice feature to look for in motorcycle boots. If you take many long trips or adventures in the hot summer months, you will want to be able to take the insoles out of your boots and wash them to keep your boots smelling much better. Milwaukee motorcycle leather boots offer removable and washable insoles. A noteworthy feature of a great motorcycle boot. Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company offers biker socks called the Milwaukee Biker Sox that are made for ultimate performance inside of leather boots and motorcycle shoes. The Milwaukee biker sox offer B4 Leather Technology from DeFeet that has passed DeFeet’s standards for against the skin performance beneath layers of leather. Milwaukee biker sox for leather motorcycle boots will help keep your feet cooler when its hot, warmer when its cold, and smoother all the time. The biker sox also offer padding throughout the sole of the foot.
5) Extra leather motorcycle leather boot features may include gear shift protection, linings, and padding. Many motorcycle boots offer extra features to protect you and your motorcycle boots. Some motorcycle boots may offer extra material at the toe box to protect the boots when you change gears. This is a nice feature to keep your boots looking good. Over time, changing gears and using your motorcycle boots can leave its mark on the top of the toe box of any leather boot. You will want to double check to make sure the motorcycle boots you are looking at buying offer a good lining or insole, and padding is a nice comfort feature for the top of the boot. Some leather motorcycle boot styles may offer padding at the ankles and shins as well. Many Milwaukee Leather motorcycle boots are lined and padded allowing the motorcycle boots to be more comfortable and last longer. Some styles of Milwaukee motorcycle boots offer Tech-Tuff toe caps. Tech-Tuff is a patented feature found only on Milwaukee boots. The Tech-Tuff toe cap is a uniquely reinforced toe cap that keeps your boots form being marred from use and wear on the toe and look great even after miles of wear. The leather used in constructing the top is specially treated to make the toe six times stronger and more resistant to scuffs and scrapes than any untreated leather motorcycle boots.
By jingoba from Pixabay