Money clips are a fashionable and compact way to carry cash, credit card, and identification cards instead of a wallet. There are five common types of money clips: the metal money clip, the magnetic money clip, the hybrid money clip, the rubber band money clip, and paper clip. A search on the internet has also introduced what is called the smart double sided money clip which can be compared to the hybrid money clip. A money clip is a very masculine fashion accessory perfect for men who don’t want to be bothered with a bag or a thick wallet stuck in between their jean pockets. For a better understanding and explanation as well as an overview of an apt money clip for one’s specific needs here are the basics:
1. Magnetic Money Clip – is made of two strong flat round or rectangular magnets encased in leather, with small pieces of leather in between allowing swivel movements. This is the strongest type of money clip but not the best to use with credits cards or atm cards as magnets may damage the magnetic strips of these cards. The price of a magnetic money clip is from $ 35 to $ 100 depending on the brand and the intricacies on the leather work.
2. Metal Money Clip – The metal money clip is generally a piece of solid metal like gold, titanium, graphite, silver, or platinum folded into half. The metal money clip is typically ideal for bills and nothing more. This type of money clip is more commonly sold as luxury items in high end brands like Tiffany’s. It’s also commonly engraved for a more personal; touch. The price range for the metal money clip is around $ 115-$ 250 depending on the type of metal used.
3. Hybrid Money Clip – More commonly as money clip wallet, this type was designed to carry both cash and cards in a convenient compact case. A clip is attached to a rectangular piece of leather. The clip holds the money while the leather backing has slots which cards can be slipped into. The price range for the hybrid money clip goes for around $ 155.
4. Rubber Band Money Clip – It is the type that stretches to accommodate both cards and bills. It looks so much like a rubber band although wider and is mostly in black. The bills though have to be rolled and the cards stacked then the rubber is wrapped around the combined stack of bills and cards.
5. Paper Clip – This type was made much like the metal money clip to hold only bank notes and bills. This may be the cheapest kind and the easiest to replace when lost.
Money Clips just like cuff links, neckties, and belts are a good part of men’s fashion accessories out there in the market. They are ideal gifts for men on special occasions like birthdays, Father’s day, and even as giveaways. In giving money clips, one must be sure to take in to consideration the needs of the receiver as money clips can be quite tricky to choose.
By Miroslavik from Pixabay