Living and working in New Zealand permit a claimant to make his or her career but this must not be done at the cost of living without your parents. Here are some of the aspects linked with Family Sponsorship, Parent Category of New Zealand Immigration.
– Centre of Gravity Test; So as to assure this test, it is essential that the parents have an equal or greater number of children who are living in New Zealand as compared to any other country.
– The main applicant (sponsor) must be a resident of New Zealand for a least of 3 years on the date of filing the application. It is necessary that the applicant has lived in NZ for a minimum of 184 days for every three years previous to filing an application for sponsoring the parent.
– Financial facets play a critical role when it comes to sponsoring your parents in the land of Kiwis. You must have a domestic income of a minimum of $ 29,897.92
– The sponsor is required to be an Adult (17 years of age or over), physically present in NZ and must be a New Zealand or Australian citizen.
– Meet the least income requirements.
– You can not file the request for sponsorship at the same time as you are out of the country. It is an obligation that you must have your physical presence in the NZ at the time you put the request in. Also, you will be necessary to sign a declaration that would state that you as a sponsor would pay back all the benefits received by them in the first two years from the NZ government.
After the Clearance of your application, you would be granted with a letter of “approval in principle,” followed by instructions on the next steps concerned in the Immigration process.
The most important aspect of sponsoring your parent is that they should be logically healthy and clear the “satisfactory standard of health” set out by the NZ government.
Parents have to undergo the Medical examinations, acquire them certified from Medical evaluator and demonstrate the documentation to the Case Officer.
The Medical Assessor may give a brief judgment or can even decline to give any opinion on your health. Also INZ has each right to send your medical information to one more Medical Assessor for a second judgment.
New Zealand Monetary System
The New Zealand Dollar, shortened to NZD or NZ$ , and also informally known as the Kiwi dollar, is the official currency of New Zealand. The same currency is also used in the Pitcairn Islands, Tokelau, Niue, and the Cook Islands. The New Zealand Dollar was introduced in 1967 to replace the New Zealand pound, when the country decimalised its currency. The currency is relatively weak when compared to major currencies such as British Sterling, the Euro, the Yen, or the US dollar. This makes the country a particularly affordable choice for a lot of travelers. The Kiwi dollar often closely tracks the Australian dollar due to their close geographical location. Both usually have higher central bank interest rates when compared against other OECD nations, which results in the currency being a popular in carry-trades. The value of the New Zealand dollar has been floating, i.e., determined by the financial markets, since March 4, 1985. Since then its value has been fluctuating between 0.40c – 0.72c United States dollars to the New Zealand dollar.
Gross Domestic Product
New Zealand GDP Per Capita stands at around 14995 US dollars, according to the World Bank. The GDP per capita is obtained by dividing the country’s gross domestic product, adjusted by inflation, by the total population. The Kiwi GDP grew by 0.2% in the June quarter 2010, significantly below predictions due to the global economic slowdown.
Being a small island country so close to a huge economic powerhouse, New Zealand will always be dependent to a degree on the current state of the Ozzy economy, especially considering the large amount of trade that is conducted between the two countries. Two other factors that could have a major impact on the New Zealand economy is the weather and disease as the economy is still largely based on it’s agriculture industry.
This is however systematically changing as the country diversifies into other fields like the IT and Film Industries. This is great news for immigrants from these industries as it is opening up a lot more job opportunities in a wider range of occupations.