All of us want to live a good life – a healthy, happy, abundant life, and most of the time we tend to chase our dreams and desire to have that ideal life we always wanted. Although it is a fact that we cannot always have what other people have, and we cannot be someone we want to be, living a good life does not always mean having everything in life. In fact, it springs out from appreciating what you have, how little it may be.
(1) Be thankful with what you have. Living a good life starts from appreciating what you have. Be satisfied. Don’t aim for a perfect life because nobody has. The more you search for perfection in life, the more it will frustrate you. Learn how to be contented.
(2) Eat healthy. Do not torture your body with the things you know are not good. You know how smoking, drugs and alcohol destroy your body, so get rid of it. There are far more things you can enjoy than these.
(3) Build good relationships with your loved ones, your family, friends, your neighbors and the people you work with. Build new friendships. If you come across some challenges in your relationships with other people, learn to compromise and acknowledge that people make mistakes.
(4) Take time to appreciate simple things in life. Don’t rush. You will miss a lot of beautiful things when you are always in a hurry. Manage your time well and take time to enjoy the great pleasures of walking along the beach, or enjoying the sunshine or the flowers on the garden.
(5) Enjoy the things you like and make time to explore other things. Stop being lazy – go out and enjoy a good game or two of your favorite sport, go cycling, go to the movies or try riding an ATV.
(6) Don’t hold a grudge. Forget about the past hurts and the people who have caused bitterness in your life. Learn to forgive and move on. Living a good life is about learning from where you once fail or when you got hurt, not dwelling on how to get even.
(7) Find time to travel. Traveling always helps us see a bigger picture of the world we are in. It will also help us realize that there is more to life than our selfish desires.
(8) Exercise. Making your body fit always helps you to do what your want, enjoy great activities in life and practically everything you plan to do in living a good life.
(9) Manage your time and finances. Most often, we are so engrossed about being wealthy and not even appreciating what we already have and not doing what we have to do. Do not spend more than what you earn. Be responsible with your time and money and be thankful. The more we are thankful about it, the more we attract more abundance in life.
(10) Share and help others. Living a good life is not just taking good things in. It is also sharing and helping others with what you have. Giving, indeed, is one of the best sources of genuine happiness in life. Share your talents and skills to those who need it will also help you realize your purpose and worth in this world.
By Engin_Akyurt from Pixabay