Development Finance is a specialised form of funding suitable only for professional builders and developers. This form of funding will require the assistance of a professionally qualified and expert finance broker who has the required skills and experience to negotiate the finance on your behalf.
Suitable Development Finance Projects
If you are a professional builder or property developer, you must speak to an expert finance broker, who will help you in understanding the finance strategy required to fund any of the following projects:
* Residential construction
* Commercial property
* Industrial property
* Retail property, and
* Land subdivisions
What Information do I need to provide?
Lenders/credit providers will look at a number of areas when they are considering your loan request. You will need to present a full proposal to the lender/credit provider, and they will require you to provide the following information:
* Your Business Plan, which should list your background, professional qualifications and your trade and project management experience
* Your experience as a property developer
* The location of your proposed development
* Development Type (Residential or Commercial)
* The profit potential of the development
* Your financial statement of accounts and personal assets and liabilities to determine your development cash flow
* The amount of equity that you will bring to the development project
* Copy of the planning consent and drawings for the scheme
* Comparable evidence for the resales
* A suitable exit strategy
Can I get an “In Principle” Decision?
When you are applying for development finance, you should have all the required information available so that the lender/credit provider can review and assess your finance proposal. The lender/credit provider will advise you:
* If it is possible to arrange the required finance for development project, and
* How long it will take to obtain an “In Principle” decision (You must remember that the lender/credit provider will make the final decision)
Why Choose a Professionally Qualified and Specialised Finance Broker?
It is always wise to start the development finance process with a professionally qualified and specialised finance broker because:
* They will help you to prepare a Business Plan, which will set out your development finance requirements in exactly the way that lenders/credit providers wish to see
* They know what the standard requirements for development finance loans are
* They can accommodate a much faster credit decision for you, provided that they receive from you all the required documents as soon as possible (e.g. your professional qualifications, trade qualifications and certificates and your previous building or development experience)
* They can structure a Customised Development Finance funding strategy that will meet your needs regardless of the size or complexity of the building or development project
* Through their extensive network of specialised lenders/credit providers and private lenders, they are better equipped to offer you access to funds for your required building or development project
* They can help you to secure the required finance so that you can fund all the stages of the construction cycle:
> From financing the initial purchase of the land
> Through to progressive construction draw-downs, and
> To enable you to cover all the approval costs
So, this is what you, as a professional builder or developer, need to know about development finance. I sincerely hope this article helps you to understand why you need to seek assistance from only a professionally qualified and specialised finance broker.
By iqnglobal from Pixabay