Known for its breathtaking landscapes, high mountain ranges, silvery lakes, murmuring rivers, green grasslands and desert lands. Ladakh is a popular tourist destination in the world attracting a large number of tourists. Given below are some of the popular tourist places included in Ladakh honeymoon packages.
Places of Interest
1. Pangong Tso – It is the highest salt water lake on the banks of Pangong set at an altitude of 14,270 ft through Changla Pass. The lake is 160kms away from Leh and one of the popular tourist places included in Ladakh honeymoon packages.
2. Khardung La – Also known as “Pass of Lower Castle” it is the highest motorable road in the world set at an altitude of 18,380 ft. It is situated on the way from Leh to the Nubhra Valley in Ladakh one of the popular tourist places included in Ladakh honeymoon packages.
3. Nubhra Valley – It is the valley of flowers set amidst white sands, snow covered mountains, apricot orchards, Ladakhi meals, meandering rivers, herds of yaks and camels and one of the most popular tourist attractions that come under Ladakh honeymoon packages. To the north of valley lies Siachen Glacier and to the North West lies Sasser Pass.
4. Hundar – It is a village located on the Shyok side of the valley and one of the popular tourist places included in Ladakh honeymoon packages. The village of historical significance as once it used to be the capital of the Nubra Kingdom in the 17th Century. Known for its natural beauty this place this place has a lot to offer its visitor’s from snow, desert, greenery and water to lush orchards of Apple, Peach and Apricots.
5. Panamik – The hot springs situated on the outskirts of Panamik is a great tourist attraction and not to be missed one of the popular tourist places included in Ladakh honeymoon packages.
6. Drass – Located 60kms west of Kargil Drass is a small township situated on the road to Srinagar. It is the second coldest region in the world known for its severe cold weather and heavy snowfall during the winters. In winters the temperature drops down to minus 50 degrees.
7. Shanti Stupa – Located on a hill in Chanspa it a beautiful Buddhist monuments enshrined by the 14th Dalai Lama. It was built to commemorate 2500 years of Buddhism
8. Hemis Monastery – Built in 1630 during the reign of King Sengge Namgyal it is popularly known as Hemis Gompa run by the Drukpa sect of Buddhism. The monastery comprises of two sections – Tshongkhang and Dukhang. Beautiful wall paintings adorn the verandah of this Gompa that depict the ‘Kalachakra’ and the ‘Lords of the Four Quarters’. There is an idol of Sakyamuni Buddha inside the monastery that a large number of devotees.
9. Thiksey Monastery – It is a famous monastery located at a close distance from Leh. It is a part of Gelugpa order in Buddhism and houses Thangkas, stupas, swords, wall paintings, statues and a pillar. There is a pillar in the 12-storey building of the monastery carved with the preaching and ideas of Buddha. The monastery draws a large number of people during Thiksey festival.
Hence we can conclude that visiting the above mentioned sightseeing places in and around Ladakh will definitely be an enjoyable and delightful experience for honeymooners.
By Mariamichelle from Pixabay