Soccer is arguably the most popular sport in the world. Whether you are a child or an adult, this sport is loved by all. It’s fun, energetic and all in all a complete entertaining game. Over half a million children absolutely enjoy and play this sport. Parents enroll their kids in soccer classes as it is something that keeps them physically fit, mentally strong and also help in developing some amazing life skills. Here are some benefits of playing soccer.
* It is a complete physical sport. You stay healthy, fit and active as you are constantly running up and down the field. Continued training improves general endurance, stamina and strength. Playing soccer gives you stronger legs which are a prerequisite for any athletic sport. Also, constant training helps in maintaining a healthy heart and lungs.
* You are constantly aware about what goes around you while playing soccer. This helps in improving your spatial awareness.
* Soccer is not just limited to physical benefits. They have numerous mental benefits as well. Soccer is one game where only continuous practice and hard work can bring you success. There is no place for luck. This helps in building a sense of commitment, importance of hard work and focus in children at a very young age.
* Teamwork is the key in any soccer game. It all depends on how you work as a team, how you support each other. Soccer helps in instilling the importance of teamwork in children.
* Soccer builds a healthy competitive spirit in every single player. Soccer teaches you to win with humility and lose with dignity. It teaches children to savor your victories and learn to face defeat.
Every country has its own level and stages of soccer. As each player improves his game, he progresses to the next level. The main three levels in soccer are – recreational, travel and premier.
Recreational soccer is where there is minimum competition and no travel involved. It is based on purely enjoying and developing children’s soccer skills. It is an opportunity for children to have fun, stay fit, learn and develop their soccer skills. Usually toddlers are in this recreational program. They are randomly placed in different teams and the competition is purely fun and educational. The program acts like a stepping stone if you want to pursue your soccer dream. Usually the fee for recreational soccer is less.
In this level of soccer, there is more emphasis on shaping your soccer skills. The competition level increases and so does the commitment required. You will have to work hard, attend sessions and be completely committed and focused. In Westchester, many federations offer kids classes for travel soccer. The child would be required to travel a lot. They can get in any travel squad by going for tryouts. Based on their skills, they will be selected to play against teams from other towns and communities. Travel soccer program is costlier than recreational soccer.
The best players can try out for teams in premier league. The players are handpicked truly based on skills and talent. These tryouts happen only during late summer and they play against regional and national teams. This level of soccer needs complete focus and commitment. Kids above the age of 12 can alone participate in premier league matches. Also, they need to travel a lot for their matches. Premier soccer is expensive where the kids soccer classes range from $ 100 -$ 1,000.
In Westchester, Youth Soccer offers year-round classes and soccer camps. Some of the Westchester soccer clubs are Westchester Futsal, Westchester Youth Soccer League (WYSL) and American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO).
they need to travel a lot for their matches. Premier soccer is expensive where the kids soccer classes range from $100 -$ 1,000.
By geralt from Pixabay