The Global Bio-PET Market has been estimated at USD billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD billion by 2020, at a CAGR of during the forecast period. Bio-polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is manufactured from bio-based ethylene glycol having properties of thermosetting resins. They contain properties such as biodegradability, biocompatibility, and are non-toxic in nature. These polymers are attracting a significant commercial interest owing as they are produced by the chemical polymerisation of naturally occurring monomers.
Bio-PET can be used for various applications such as bottles, packaging, consumer durables, furniture, films, and others. Bottles is the largest application segment in terms of revenue and the fastest growing segment in the bio-PET market accounting for a share of in 2015.
The market is driven by rising crude oil prices, demand from end-user industries such as bottles and food packaging, and stringent government regulations. However, this market faces certain drawbacks such as shortage of raw material and the huge competition form fossil-fuel products.
North America is the leading consumer of Bio-PET in 2015 accounting for a share of XX%, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The Bio-PET market in North America will grow at a high rate during the forecast period owing to stringent environment laws favouring its usage. The market will grow at a healthy pace during the forecast period.
Furthermore, the shifting focus towards eco-friendly products will offer numerous opportunities in the growth of the Bio-PET market. Some of the major companies dominating the market with its products, and continuous product developments are BASF, PolyOne, Solvay, Arkema, Metabolix, and TradePro Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1) Market analysis for the Global Bio-PET Market , with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2) Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global Bio-PET market on both global and regional scales
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7) A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8) Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is booming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
By macayran from Pixabay