Having a baby shower is just like any other party – fun, food, music and games can make or break the party. While there are many major aspects in a party, the food is one major aspect you have to focus on so your guests will not go from tired to hungry to uncomfortable and irritable. Here are some fun food ideas that can transform your baby shower into an awesome and tasty celebration that your guests will be sure to remember.
– Finger foods – Appetizers and finger foods should reign in the party. Since there are no full meals, and you expect guests to be running to and fro, have finger foods available that they can snack on. You don’t expect and the guests don’t expect to have the full 3-course meal during your baby shower. A baby shower is meant to be light and fun.
– Fresh fruits – A breath of freshness (in every sense of the word), fruits are best for those in-between moments so guests are not presented with oily or slightly heavy foods all throughout the party. It can be a refreshing twist from those typical greasy and oily foods served at most parties. While fresh fruits have been limited to desserts in the previous years, health awareness has caused fresh fruits to be moved from the sides to the forefront of a party menu.
– Vegetables – For another fun but healthy twist, have sliced bite-size vegetables and partner them with delicious dips. You most likely have women and moms as your guests and these diet and health-conscious people of course will want healthy foods around as well.
– Finger Sandwiches – For a feel of a full meal, and with your guests going busy with the party activities, have finger sandwiches available in at least 4 flavors. For items like salmon or tuna when left for a long time, make sure to buy those fresh a day or two before the party or used the canned version.
– Pizza – Nothing says fun party more than great tasting pizza. You can serve them during baby showers so your guests can feel full. Pizza is never out of place. Whether it is football night, a casual party, or a full party program, everyone will definitely feel the fun atmosphere when pizza is around.
Fun foods for your baby shower should be those that are bite-sized and you need not use utensils when eating them. It would be difficult or uncomfortable for your guests if they had to use utensils in a baby shower that was full of activities and games. Serve your guests with fun plates and make sure to leave silverware and napkins at the snack table for those guests who want to eat more. Have the food dishes and tableware complement the overall theme and decorations of your baby shower if possible for a more uniform feel.
Food is a major part of the party, and of course, no one wants to go to a party when they have nothing or little to eat. Let your food stand out and let your guests leave feeling that you really did prepare for a fun party that brings good wishes to the mom and baby, while putting their fun, and appetite into top consideration.
By PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay