Things are going out of hand! These days, we see internet marketers giving advice on making money online which is either a rehashed version of some old ebook or course, or some old method presented in a different manner that no longer works. Sometimes the product is made with an intention of making a fast buck, without bothering to provide any real value. There is so much information overload, it’s difficult for a newbie to know if some new methods of making money online are really new and have they been tested to work at all. Instead of sounding like a “me too guru”, I have decided to give you tips on what will end up in “losing money online” so that you can avoid these costly mistakes.
1. Believing that if you build it, they will come. Believing that you will get a horde of customers knocking at your doors, begging you to take their money in return for your products / services, the day you put your website live.
2. Believing that making money online is dead easy; you don’t need any prior experience, contacts, mailing lists, website building skills, etc – that’s what most gurus say in their sales letters, anyway.
3. Believing that since others are making a lot of money selling info products, you should immediately start making your own info product and start selling it. Believing that you should write an ebook on anything that you’re passionate about – you don’t need to do any research on demand, competition, or if people are willing to pay for the information.
4. Believing that you should learn everything in internet marketing first. Starting from SEO, joint venture, affiliate marketing, viral marketing, copywriting, building a website, etc., you should know a to z before you start making a product.
5. Believing that giving 5 to 10 minutes a day to promote your website should be enough to make millions online in a very short time.
6. Believing that you can buy email lists in the millions or billions and promote your products or services by sending bulk mail. Believing that this is not SPAM as long as you tell them how to unsubscribe. Believing that optin or double optin isn’t really necessary.
7. Believing that you can make a lot of money in google adsense by buying readymade websites with articles and sticking your adsense publisher code into it. Believing that you can click on your own ads and google won’t know.
8. Believing that you can copy other people’s digital products and sell them as your own. Believing that as long as there is no ISBN, it’s public domain.
9. Believing that building a list of subscribers to your mailing list is a waste of time.
10. Believing that once you learn something in making money online, you should try it once and if it fails in the first attempt, you should not try to analyze anything and just drop it, jumping on to the next ebook or course.
11. Believing that if you purchased every single ebook, software, course, membership, etc on making money online, you will some day end up making a lot of money online.
12. Believing that since there is so much opportunity to make money online that you should immediately leave your day job, take loans if you have to, burn your bridges, risk everything, and jump in right away.
13. Believing that you should run huge adwords campaigns and leave them overnight, bid on plenty of keywords, and the next day you will find you have made a lot of money online even when you were sleeping!
14. Believing that stuffing your main keywords hundreds of times on all your pages will rank you on top in search engines.
15. Believing that you can bait internet marketers to promote your products by simply sending them a joint venture proposal by email and telling them the earning potential of your product.
16. Believing that you should have refund policies just to bait customers, you don’t really have to honor your word.
17. Believing that using a lot of hype, photo shopped images of commission payment, income proof, checks, etc is an easy way to fool people to buy from you, just because that’s what most people seem to do anyway.
18. Believing that you can really put an online business up and running and then leave for your dream vacation. Your business will pay for your vacation and if customers have a problem, they can wait until you come back. There’s no hurry to give support.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article! All other articles written by me can be found at http://www.bharatbhasha.com/author.php/Nirjara%20Rustom