One of the very first things you must decide upon after you get engaged is the style of wedding you plan to have. The style of wedding will permeate every nook and cranny of the entire wedding planning process. Selecting your style is a creative process and should heavily involve your imagination and tastes.
One thing you will deal with is that everyone will have an opinion on what sort of wedding you need to have. Do not let yourselves fall into that trap. If you have unique ideas that you want used in your wedding do not be swayed by others to conform to their type of style. You can bet they will want you to have a wedding that they envisioned and while they are not purposely trying to override your style many will think they know better than you what you need.
One of the first decisions to be made is the wedding location. You have the option of a formal setting such as a church or a more casual setting such as a garden. Besides your personal tastes things such as weather and the time of the year may make the decision a more obvious one. But keep in mind even a wedding held in a church can be decorated in such a way as to give it that casual feel. Again you need to generate the look that you envisioned.
Next you need to focus on your personal style. What kind of person are you? Are you whimsical and fun like a beach or more conservative and stylish. Do you like traditional or are you more contemporary? This will decide everything from the menu to the music that gets played. By incorporating your personal style into every detail of your wedding it will come off as a coordinated event that your guests will remember for years to come.
To help get you in the mood I am going to present five different style and maybe help you hone in on the one you want to adopt for your wedding. Keep in mind that besides your style it also has to be practical as to a budget and still appeal to everyone involved in the wedding.
* Garden style-this obviously would be a great choice if you want a spring or summer wedding. Not very practical for the cold weather months. It is a good style because it is very versatile. You can choose from a large botanical garden which may have a pricey rental fee to using your own personal backyard. If you want a open and casual style this is easily accomplished with a ceremony that features a large arch decorated with flowers and tables arranged outside or in tents. This possibilities are endless with this style.
* Classic style- Certainly the most popular and enduring style of wedding. This allows you to put your personal tastes in all aspects of the wedding and reception. From the type of flowers to the colors used it will have your own personal sense of style written all over it.
* Beach style-a very popular style that has lasted far to long to be called a fad. With a little imagination can be done not only by the ocean but also in your own backyard. If you are big on imagination and creativity this should offer a huge challenge. Search around and you will find all sorts of “props” to give whatever location you choose that beach feel.
* If you are really creative you may want to choose an unusual location to get married in. From jumping out of a plane to hanging from the side of a mountain this is for the truly adventurous.
* Exotic style-sort of an extension from the unusual wedding these weddings take place at fun and imaginative locations. What would it be like to get married at the Taj Mahal? You can certainly find out. Keep in mind that these wedding cost money not just for you but your guests.
Irregardless of your wedding plans be sure that the wedding you have is a reflection of your own personal sense of style. Years from now you can think back and remember with fondness what an awesome event your wedding day was.
By Greyerbaby from Pixabay