The word chakra comes from the Sanskrit language, and means a vortex or spinning wheel. It is also used to refer to the seven chakras found in the human body, corresponding to the different glands of the body. The first chakra is found at the spinal base and the seventh at the crown. All chakras are centers of spinning energy.
It is known that the chakra is a center of spinning energy, and that everything that moves causes vibrations. With this vibration, you find sound and this is why different parts of the body vibrate with different chakra sounds at different frequencies.
The seven chakras have seven chakra sounds associated with it. In addition to sound, colors also vibrate at a specific frequency and each chakra has a color associated with it. It is the combined effort of chakra sound and color that helps restore balance in the chakras, which in turn restores health.
Sound healing using chakra sounds is easy to do; all that is needed is you and your voice to make you feel clearer, better and calmer within minutes. All chakra sounds should be soft and gentle, for no longer than five minutes each.
1. You start with an UH sound, which is the deepest sound you can make. You have to do this with your eyes closed and attention focused on the base chakra, found at the spine base. You have to be aware of the sound resonance in the body; not from your throat, but from where the chakra is. You can complement visualization of this chakra sound with red color. This chakra sound has to be made for a minute or two but not more than five minutes.
2. The second chakra is located about three inches below the naval where you find the second chakra sound OOO. This chakra sound is complimented with the color orange and has to be chanted with eyes closed. This helps you experience the balancing of the chakra with other chakras for a minute or two.
3. OH is the chakra sound from the third chakra, the navel chakra. This chakra is located in the naval area and its complimenting color is the color yellow. This chakra sound starts softly and gently but is of a higher tone than the previous sound.
4. AH is the sound people cry out when in love, and is also the chakra sound for the heart chakra. This chakra is located in the middle of the chest, and is related to love. It is associated with the color green and has to be started with a soft and gentle sound that has a higher pitch than the previous chakra sound.
5. The chakra sound for the throat chakra is EYE which is complemented by the color blue and is to be chanted at a higher pitch than previous sounds.
6. The chakra sound for the third eye found in the forehead between and slightly higher than the two eyes is AYE. The color that goes with this chakra sound is indigo. The chakra sound has to start with a soft and gentle tone, but with a higher pitch than the last sounds.
7. EEE is the highest sound you can create for the crown chakra found at the top of the head. Purple can be used for complimenting this chakra sound which starts with the highest EEE sound you can make. This chakra sound too starts soft and gentle.
The eyes have to be closed when chanting all chakra sounds with attention concentrated on the different chakras. This focus on the chakra starts projecting the chakra sound from the chakra. And the resonance from the sound chakras helps in the balance and alignment of the each chakra with other chakras.
You will feel light headed after this exercise with chakra sounds. This is why it is better to meditate or relax after this session. This way you will be able to reap the actual benefits chakra sounds offer you.
By Didgeman from Pixabay