Backwaters are an integral part of Kerala. It supports not only the livelihood to millions of peoples of Kerala but also plays a very vital role to protect many of rare flora & fauna. These days, backwaters are promoting Kerala Tourism in the finest way. When the stream of rivers, canals, lagoons, lakes meet together with the sea, it does form backwaters. Kerala backwaters have existed similarly due to composition with above main sources. Backwaters in Kerala for honeymoon and family holiday are quite popular. You may short some best Kerala backwaters tour packages after reading about Kerala backwaters reviews available on various websites. Here we have shortlisted 5 best Kerala backwaters which you should explore.
1) Aleppo Backwaters: – Kerala’s backwaters for cruises over 85 km from Qulin to Aleppo and Kochi along the placid palm fringed waterways are immensely famous. The town of Aleppo also known as Alappuzha has India’s longest Vembanada Lake is set amidst canals on backwater channels. Therefore, it has earned the title of the Venice of East. It is already of tourist importance being a commercial mart and the starting point of Kerala’s famous snake boat races. Tourist can easily book Kerala backwaters houseboat or cruise to spend some quality time in the serene and picturesque environment of Aleppo. Plenty of tour operators offer some good Kerala backwaters tour starting from Aleppo along with nice stay accommodation at various Kerala backwaters hotels and resorts located in different destinations aside from houseboats. Aleppo is just about 60 km from Kochi and approx 150 km from Trivandrum; hence this beautiful destination is easily accessible. Apart from the main attraction of backwaters in Aleppo travelers can also visit nearby places such as Alappuzha beach which offers a scenic view of Laccadive Sea, Lord Krishna Temple, Dharma Shasta Temple, and St. Andrew’s Basilica etc. Thus, Alleppey plays a vital role to boost backwater travel activity under Kerala Tourism.
2) Kumarakom Backwaters: – Kumarakom is another superb and first backwaters destination to implement responsible tourism practices in India located near Kottayam city in Kerala, also set in the surroundings of Vembanada Lake. Kumarakom is also well connected from Alleppey and easily accessible through jetty apart from good connectivity from Kottayam by road. Kumarakom bird century is one of the famous attractions and supposed to be paradise for bird watchers and lovers. Tourism in Kumarakom basically revolves just about the backwaters of the Vembanada Lake. Various luxury and budget class hotels & resorts located on the coast of the lake offer tourists’ amenities for boating, cruising and angling activities, with magnificent views of the lake. For the best practices in the area of eco-friendly tourism, Kumarakom had won the National Award by India Govt. along with the grand award for the environment by Pacific Area Travel Association (PATA) in 2011. Thus, Kumarakom is one of the best backwaters to visit in Kerala.
3) Kuttanad Backwaters: – Enjoy the Kerala backwaters trip in India’s lowest altitude at Kuttanad. The landscape at Kuttanad valley will show adorable images full of amazing paddy fields and twisty canals surrounded by beautiful hill and sea. You must comprise Kuttanad region under the wish list of visiting best backwaters in Kerala.
4) Kottayam Backwaters: – Kottayam is comprised among one of the superb Kerala backwaters. Forget everything and just enjoy the moments of cruising at Kottayam backwaters. See the daily life of villagers that how they are strongly associated with serene backwaters at this place. Floating boat along with stream touches the lilies and lotus will never disappoint you to be at this place.
5) Thiruvanathapuram Backwaters: – In the event that you need some energizing outings then picked the Trivandrum backwater from the Kerala backwaters visits and make it a paramount one. The widely inclusive backwaters of Thiruvananthapuram present a lovely kaleidoscope of the dynamic landscape. Journey in the conventional houseboats known as “Kettuvalloms” are accessible for a visit on the grand backwaters of Thiruvananthapuram. The winding conduits fixed with rich green vegetation with the blue sky as the backdrop is no not as much as heaven on earth. Journey through the quiet waters of 200 km² which extends of perfectly clear waters and plenty of ponds. Listen to the tweeting of the beautiful creatures and the discharging water as your houseboat sail.
By Charly_7777 from Pixabay