I cannot emphasize more the value of obedience training for your dog. Besides it is very substantial to the well being of your dog and your own happiness in owning a dog.
Dog owners would absolutely enjoy more sharing a house, a car or even spending the time together walking your dog in the public, when your dog can be told to eliminate outside (house training), to come, to sit or to stay easily at your direction.
Obedience Training also show very clear sign of responsible ownership, it is so widely known that if your dog can display these basic obedience commands as well as walking on leash with ease and some other simple task, your dog can earn the American Kennel Club (AKC) Canine Good Citizen Certification.
This Certification is a testimony that your dog is sociable, well behaved and not dangerous to people in general. In some state this CGC Certification is a benchmark of your dog behavior and responsible dog ownership.
Dog owners more than others those who are new in general faces difficulty in training their dog, it is because they do not understand that dogs think and act different from us. They failed to make much development in dog training because they failed to realize that dog communicate differently from us.
The major mistake made by new dog owners is having a lot of command and inconsistency in their training routines. Remember that consistency is very important, do not say 2 words for the same of action that you want your dog to obey.
Here below are some commonly used basic dog obedience commands that you should start with prior going to other more advance command, that will aid you as dog owner to feel comfortable bringing your dog for a walk in the park or in public areas.
Come: this command is used to recall your dog
Sit: this command tell your dog to be in sitting position.
Stay: the dog must keep still in any position whether it is sitting, down or in that location where the command is given until released by you
Down: this command tells the dog to go down with its front feet and rear legs are touching the ground.
Here are some tips how you can really improve the effectiveness and the rate of your dog learning:
1. At all times you must use the same command words and in the same tone or speed of speaking
2. Have tolerance, your dog will fail you.
3. The dog has single track mind, teach one thing at a time, do not try to teach a lot of command in one single training session
4. When your dog did anything right or wrong, your rewards and punishment should come almost immediately. Do not punish or reward after a long time break from the act itself because your dog will not be able to relate the two.
5. Increase bonding with your dog by bringing him out for an exercise or play with him. All training session should be based on this relationship.
6. Prior training your dog, you should get highly regarde dog training manual and go through it thoroughly before starting your dog training session. It is harder to ask your dog to unlearn wrong things than learning new things
7. Never call your dog to come to you to punish, you will give them wrong understanding that the word come means punishment.
8. Do not permit other people to give any command to your dog especially when you are training him.
9. Do not train your dog when you are not in the mood or when you are not feeling well.
10. Never get violence with your dog.
Obedience Training is a clear sign of responsible dog ownership. Every responsible dog owner should endeavor to train his/her dog to at least acquire these basic obedience skills.
By woodypino from Pixabay