The Asia-Pacific pyrethroid insecticides market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. A pyrethroid is an organic compound that are synthetic analogs of pyrethrins. These pyrethrin like compounds are widely used against number of insects including household arthropods. These products are low in toxicity to mammals and birds, and require very low doses to kill insects.
Having known for more than 40 years, the insecticidal properties of pyrethrin are well known. Pyrethroids, the synthetic derivatives of pyrethrins, have become one of the oldest and most widely used insecticides around the globe. The systemic insecticide acts as a nervous toxin and leads to paralysis and eventual death of the targeted insects.
Need for land productivity and food production demand coupled with high performance of pyrethroids against insects have led a continuous market growth for the industry. Product development, sustainable farming options and growing demand from developing regions are identified as the opportunity segments for the industry’s future growth. However, issues over product labeling and popularity of bioinsecticide products may act as obstacles for market growth.
The market is classified based on the active ingredients, crop types and geography. Depending on active ingredients, the market is classified into Perimethrin, Deltamethrin, Allethrin/Bioallethrin, Cypermethrin, Permethrin and Other Pyrethroids. Pyrethroid insecticides are also segmented by their usage in crops like cereals and grains, oilseeds, fruits and vegetables etc. Non-crop utilization of insticides in turfs, ornamentals and others is also studied. Market study indicated that Cereals and grains consumed the highest market in the use of insecticide products.
Asia-Pacific has the largest consumer base in the world. The rising disposable income levels, rising population and food security have made Asia-pacific, the region with maximum potential for growth. The emerging economies including China, India, Vietnam and Thailand are the major consumers of pyrethroid insecticides for application in various cereal and grain crops.
Accounting for more than 35% of the Asia-Pacific insecticide market share, the segment attracts great deal of investments from agricultural inputs companies. The major companies in Asia-Pacific pyrethroid insecticides market are Syngenta, Bayer, BASF, DuPont, Dow agrosciences, Monsanto, Adama, Nufarm, Sumitomo chemical, UPL etc. Some of the major regional players in this market are SinoHarvest, Sumitomo Chemicals, and Shanghai Mingdou Agrochemical etc. All major companies are investing profoundly in new product development to keep up with competition and gain market share.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1) Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific Pyrethroid Insecticide Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on Asia-Pacific and regional scales
2) Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a Asia-Pacific and regional scale
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific Pyrethroid Insecticide market on both Asia-Pacific and regional scales
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7) A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8) Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to identify the regions that are still untapped
By teechen from Pixabay