If you will master the skill of ‘attracting FUN friends’ you will automatically be granted access to a world of exciting new adventures where boredom just does not exist. And if you do it properly, you’ll have fun without spending a lot of money either.
Perhaps this is best illustrated with a story.
On November 20, 2007 I broke my knee and completely severed two ligaments. Since the holiday season was so close, no surgeon would fix me up until February — almost two months later!
I thought I was going to be stuck inside watching reruns of Gilligan’s Island while everyone else would be partying up during the break.
Luckily, a very inventive marine friend of mine flew in to town. He basically ‘forced’ me to brace up my knee as best as possible and told me, “Dude, I may die in Iraq next year. It is your responsibility to figure out how to walk, find us some girls, and join me at my dad’s beach house in the keys for a weekend of (things I just can’t put down in print).”
Now you could dismiss this story as me just bragging, but you would miss three very important points.
— I probably would’ve sat on my butt feeling sorry for myself if I didn’t get that little motivational bump.
— I had a friend who CARED enough to insist I have a good time.
— The beach house was a loner. Which meant money in my pocket instead of paying for a hotel.
And because of a few skills I’ve learned (which I’ll tell you about in a moment) I’ve got friends like this around the world. I’ve travelled around the country (including a week in Hawaii), Costa Rica and even Europe and saved money on hotels, car rentals and even airfare. All you need is to develop a network of fun-loving friends who are more than willing to invite you to come join them.
And yes, you can do it. Just follow these five simple steps to make new, fun friends:
1. Go Where the Fun People Be. This one may seem a little bit obvious. But you can’t make fun friends unless you are at where they are at. So, where are the fun people at? I’m glad you asked. Dance classes, martial arts schools, racecar tracks or any other sort of club meeting. Basically, anywhere where people congregate to pursue their passions is where you’ll find passionate, fun people.
2. Learn to Be the Fun Giver First. Fun people are attracted to fun people. If you adopt the habit of doing fun things and letting people know about it, you will automatically attract new friends who will think of you when it’s time to have fun.
3. Choose To Respond With Humor. Does your blood boil when someone calls you a “dirty” word? Do you yell obscenities and stick up a certain finger if you get cut off in traffic? Do you hold grudges? Listen, you can’t control how other people act, but you CAN control how you respond. Respond in a lighthearted or joking manner to things that ‘normally’ upset other people and you will lure in fun friends like bees to honey.
4. Learn to tell stories – People love stories and people love to be entertained. Write down 3-5 stories of fun, interesting or adventurous things you’ve done in your life. And the next time you meet someone instead of talking about boring things like your job, the weather or politics tell them about the time you wrestled an alligator with one hand. Or went trekking through Australia with some aborigines. Or
5. Live A Life Worth Of Having Stories To Tell. Don’t have any stories like the ones above. Why not?! And don’t give me any excuses of it’s too expensive or you don’t have the time. You can always have an adventure at home. Open up google and type in things to do in (insert your hometown here) and go try one.
Allrighty, these are five very good tips to get you started. Now all you have to do is make a choice, to follow the advice and make more fun friends. Or ignore the advice and keep on getting the same results you’ve always been getting.
Which one will it be?
By Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay