Several annual festivals take place in Holland and offer various cultural delights to people from all over the world. Some of these events include international jazz festivals to art and dance celebrations.
1. Pinkpop Festival – This is a yearly outdoor festival that is very popular with people who like pop music and culture. The festival draws international musicians and new, aspiring stars from Holland and takes place in Landgraaf in the Netherlands in the month of May. The festival goes on for three days and is witnessed by over 60,000 people at three different stages with over 500 acts having been performed here until date. The tickets are always sold out days ahead and this year is scheduled to see over 40 bands perform here.
2. Amsterdam Pride – This is a unique event considered to be one of the most well known and most publicised gay festivals in all of Europe. Usually, Amsterdam Pride takes place between the months of July and August with the Canal Parade being its most flamboyant event featuring parties and merry-making. The festival includes a wide range of cultural and sportive events with art galleries and museums organising shows and exhibitions with a predominantly gay theme.
3. Holland Flowers Festival – As its name implies, the Holland Flowers Festival is one of the best-known flower shows in Europe. It takes place at the Greenery in Zwaagdjik-Oost in the month of February. With hundreds of flowers being showcased like the famed tulips, narcissi, daffodils, crocuses, hyacinths and irises, this event is sure to be an explosion of perfumes and colour for a visitor. At the festival, a visitor will be able to view an exhibition of garden and house products and learn everything there is to know about growing flowering bulbs.
4. Queen’s Day – Also known as the Konninginnedag, Queen’s Day is celebrated to mark the Dutch monarch or the Queen Mother’s birthday. During this festival, people wearing orange clothes take to the streets to participate in several outdoor activities such as music festivals and parties. Bars are free for all and open 24/7 to cater to the crowds with around 250,000 odd people taking part in the festival in the month of April.
5. World Port Festival – This event takes place in the month of September in the harbor of Rotterdam with international ships anchoring here as part in the festival. Visitors can get on board these ships and explore them. Then festival will also feature several local artists performing on boats, a parade of ships and helicopter demonstrations.
By Ellen26 from Pixabay